We’re Hiring: Safety Manager
Are you a reliable, detail-oriented person with a background in the occupational health and safety profession? Do you thrive in a work environment that is fast-paced, innovative and rewarding? If you’re nodding your head yes, then read on to learn more about our opening for a Safety Manager to work out of our Addison headquarters.
We are currently looking for someone to join our team as a Safety Manager to help us build on our commitment to the highest quality safety standards and ensure every one of our team members leaves injury free each day. At Porter Pipe, we place a big emphasis on our people. We put them first, and in our line of work that means putting safety first. We look to our Safety Manager role to keep the safety aspect of our company culture energized, inspiring team members at all levels of the company to look out for one another and ensure our practices and protocols are always being observed.
As a Porter Pipe team member, you can look forward to a professional, yet fun environment with a unique, excellence-driven culture. Here are just a few of the culture pieces that come with being onboard:
- Our Team Member of the Month drives a brand new 2017 Cadillac for the month!
- Complimentary healthy snacks and fresh fruit provided!
- Onsite classic car shows!
- Complimentary chair massages!
- Monthly Dream Program – a dream for one lucky team member is granted each month!
- Onsite fitness & workout room!
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, STD & LTD, 401(k) with 40% employer match, profit sharing and EAP!
- Paid time off and paid holidays!
- Thriving culture, surrounded by excited people who genuinely care about each other
Safety Manager Job Description:
Porter Pipe’s Safety Manager ensures the workplace meets all legal requirements and actively supports occupational health and safety. They are responsible for establishing policies that create and maintain a safe workplace and communicates guidelines to all levels of the organization.
Safety Manager Essential Functions:
- Develops and executes health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Prepares and enforces policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Evaluates practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Conducts training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws among employees and operations
- Inspects equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Investigates accidents or incidents and performs root cause analysis
- Recommends solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Reports on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
- Completes and maintains OSHA log
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- Ability to create and decipher analytical risk assessment reports and develop relevant policies
- Strong critical thinking and organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively build rapport with both internal and external customers
- A positive attitude and ability to function both independently and in a team setting
- Must demonstrate integrity and perform duties in an ethical manner
- Must be able to prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage time effectively
- Must possess intermediate level skills in all Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to communicate in English with regard to the essential functions of the position
Preferred Experience and Education:
- BS/BA in occupational health & safety, or relevant field
- Valid OSHA certification
- Minimum 5 years’ progressive experience in occupational safety role
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and/or pull 50 lbs
- Requires visual, hearing, and speech acuity
- Requires the ability to stand and walk long distances for extended periods of time
- Exposure to high/low temperatures and elements, noise, and fumes
For more information or to apply for this position, please email email@example.com.