Porter Pipe & Supply COVID-19 FAQ
COVID-19 is having an unfortunate impact on many families, businesses and supply chains around the world. As your trusted partner, we wanted to take a moment to share the precautions we’re taking against COVID-19, and how we plan to continue offering best-in-class service during this time.
Q: What steps is Porter Pipe & Supply taking to combat the spread of COVID-19 virus?
A: At Porter Pipe & Supply, we hold the safety of our team, families and business partners at the forefront of everything we do! In order to be proactive in eliminating the spread we are taking the following precautions:
- Implementing a heightened sense of personal & workplace hygiene. Washing hands, disinfecting work areas, surfaces, wearing gloves and keeping an intentional increase in social distance/eliminating any unneeded contact.
- Urging team members to please stay home should they or an immediate family member or person of contact feel/fall ill.
- Canceling/prohibiting all in-person contact vendor/customer meetings, promotions or events (in or outside our facilities) until further notice. All business correspondence will need to be done so safely and responsibly via video/audio calls or email.
- Team members who choose to home quarantine will be enabled to effectively work from home should their role allow, or without penalty if their role does not.
- Sustaining our warm workplace culture through encouraging smiles, elbow bumps and nods vs. the usual handshake, fist bump or commonly practiced hug.
Q: Is Porter Pipe & Supply still open with the COVID-19 virus?
A: Porter Pipe & Supply will remain open and operational at all four locations while closely monitoring up-to-date guidance of global health experts at the World Health Organization (WHO) and U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Q: How can I still work with Porter Pipe & Supply while practicing COVID-19 contact precaution?
A: We are still running our fleet as usual for any orders placed for delivery, however, if you are a usual visitor to our Will Call counters, we encourage you to try out the newest addition to our Addison location customer service offerings, FASTLANE! Not only is it the fastest way to get your Will Call material, it eliminates the need for customers to come in physical contact with our team as WE BRING IT TO YOUR VEHICLE! Learn more about FASTLANE here.
Q: Will your daily fill rate of 98.6% be affected with the changes in supply chains/manufacturing?
A: At this time, we are unsure whether we’ll face a change in our daily fill rate due to a lot of uncertainty throughout the globe, but we will continue to do everything we can to keep your projects moving forward without backorders, and will keep our partners informed should we see a change.
Q: How can I stay up to date on any potential changes in Porter Pipe & Supply’s business operation per COVIV-19?
A: As the situation continues to evolve rapidly, we will do our part to keep all our partners updated via our website and social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram) should any of our business operations be affected. In the meantime, we remain hopeful and dedicated to providing the same level of service our partners have come to expect from a partnership with Porter Pipe & Supply.
At the center of our company’s mission is faith in God, and it’s something we take to heart in good times and bad. Prayer will continue to be a cornerstone in our approach to business, and we encourage added prayers at this time as we face this challenge united with a calm sense of caution and care. Together, we will get through this difficult and uncertain time.
Our Porter Pipe Family thanks you for your continued support and, wishes you and your family good health. God bless!
Your Friends at Porter Pipe & Supply