College Recruit Program
Kick start your career with the Porter Pipe College Recruit Program!
At Porter Pipe, we know that our most valuable asset is our people and we’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our team. One of the ways we cultivate our top-notch team is through the Porter Pipe College Recruit Program.
This 5-year progressive program leads to a directed, specific career path in management, inside/outside sales, over-the-counter sales, purchasing or materials. Qualified candidates will join our team and spend one year in the shipping department, one to two years in inventory or stock control and the last two years will be spent training for final career goal.
We’re looking for recent graduates with a degree in logistics, supply chain management or similar disciplines, who want to start their career in a unique, excellence-driven culture.
- Responsible for accurately and safely shipping materials.
- Distributes materials, tools, equipment and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
- Performs a variety of duties in receiving, issuing, handling, and accounting for inventory stock.
- Audits and reconciles the physical inventory on the floor to that in the perpetual inventory system.
- Replenishes inventory through database and maintains levels required on a daily basis to meet distribution demands.
- Assist customers through face-to-face contact, phone calls, and email.
- Enters orders and quotations.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Requires the ability to effectively build rapport with both internal and external customers.
- Requires a positive attitude and ability to function both independently and in a team setting.
- Must possess strong mathematical aptitude.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage time effectively.
- Must be computer literate in all Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to communicate in English with regard to the essential functions of the position.
If you would like to learn more about our College Recruit Program and how you can become a part of the Porter Pipe team, visit our Careers page and fill out an Employment Inquiry.